These are members of the African billionaires’ club
These are members of the African billionaires’ club, according to Forbes’ 2019 ranking
There are 20 billionaires in Africa according to Forbes’ annual list of the continent’s richest people.
As at January 2019, there are 20 billionaires in Africa ( in dollar terms), according to Forbes’ annual list of the continent’s richest people.
From the list, Aliko Dangote maintains his position as Africa’s richest man for the eighth year in a row, followed by Nigerian billionaire, Mike Adenuga, whose net worth rose dramatically from $5.3 billion in January 2018 to $9.2 billion in 2019.
According to Forbes, the spike in Adenuga’s wealth was due to more details information about his assets.
Business Insider Sub-Saharan Africa checks on the lists show that the Tanzanian billionaire, Mohammed Dewji and Angolan investor, Isabel dos Santos are the youngest billionaires on the continent with net worth of $1.9 billion and $2.3 billion respectively.
1. Aliko Dangote 10.3 billion
Industry: Cement, Sugar, Flour
2. Mike Adenuga $9.2 billion
Industry: Telecoms, Oil
3. Nicky Oppenheimer $7.3 billion
4. Nassef Sawiris $6.3 billion
Industry: Construction, Chemicals
5. Johann Rupert $5.3 billion
Industry: Luxury goods
6. Issad Rebrab $3.7 billion
7. Naguib Sawiris $2.9 billion
8. Koos Bekker $2.3 billion
Industry: Media and Investments
8. Isabel dos Santos $2.3 billion
8. Mohammed Mansour $2.3 billion
8. Strive Masiyiwa $2.3 billion
8. Patrice Motsepe $.2.3 billion
13. Aziz Akhannouch $2.1 billion
Industry: Petroleum, Diversified
14. Mohammed Dewji $1.9 billion
15. Othman Benjelloun $1.9 billion
Industry: Banking and Finance
16. Abdulsamad Rabiu $1.6 billion
Industry: Cement, Sugar
17. Yasseen Mansour $1.5 billion
18. Youssef Mansour $1.2 billion
19. Folorunsho Alakija $1.1 billion
19. Michiel Le Roux $1.1 billion